IOCL Digboi Nursing Admission Nov 2020: The official IOCL Nursing Admission 2020 notification for admission to the B.Sc. (Nursing) Course at Assam Oil College of Nursing and GNM course at Assam Oil School of Nursing at IOCL (AOD), Digboi, was published by Indian Oil Corporation Limited. For this course, unmarried female candidates who meet the specified eligibility criteria can apply online.
Welcome to Polytechnic Papers Jobs Section, we provide the latest government jobs, private company jobs, news, notifications, admit cards, results, and daily updates. Do follow Polytechnic Papers Jobs Section for more updates.
IOCL Digboi Nursing Admission 2020 Overview
Name of course: B.Sc (Nursing) and General Nursing & Midwifery Course (GNM) Course
Name of Institute: Assam Oil College of Nursing and Assam Oil School of Nursing
Name of University: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati
No of seats: 30 + 30
IOCL Digboi Nursing Course Details
1. B. Sc (Nursing)
No of seats: 30 [Unreserved-14, EWS-03, SC-02, ST-03, OBC-08]
2. General Nursing & Midwifery Course (GNM) courseNo of seats: 30 [Unreserved-14, EWS-03, SC-02, ST-03, OBC-08]
- B. Sc (Nursing) course will be a full-time regular course for a duration of 4 (four) years.
- General Nursing & Midwifery Course (GNM) course will be a full-time regular course for a duration of 3 (three) years.
- The students of GNM will be admitted to Assam Oil School of Nursing (AOSN), which is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- B. Sc (Nursing) students will get admission to Assam Oil College of Nursing (AOCN).
- AOCN is affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati and the course is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
IOCL Nursing Admission Eligibility Criteria
B.Sc (Nursing): HSSLC (i.e 10+2) with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and English Core/English Elective with a minimum aggregate of 50% Marks for General/EWS/OBC category and 45% Marks for SC/ST/PwBD category. The qualification should be from a Government recognized board under AHSEC/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
General Nursing & Midwifery Course (GNM): HSSLC (i.e 10+2) with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and English OR HSSLC (i.e 10+2) with Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science- Vocational stream ONLY, OR any other equivalent examination as per INC norms. The qualification should be from a Government recognized Board under AHSEC/AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE with a minimum aggregate of 40% Marks for General/EWS/OBC category and 35% Marks for SC/ST/PwBD category. Preference shall be given to candidates possessing HSSLC (i.e 10+2) with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and English.
Age Limit: Minimum 17 years and Maximum 24 years as on 31/12/2019 (Age relaxation applicable for SC/ST/OBC/ PwBD candidates as per presidential directives). Certificate issued by a Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation/Higher Secondary is the only acceptable document in support of proof of age.
IOCL Nursing Admission Selection Process
- Selection would be based on Written Test (90 minutes duration) and a Personal Interview to be held at Digboi.
- The candidate will have to pass successfully through each stage of the selection process i.e. candidate will have to acquire a minimum of 40% (relaxable by 5% for candidates from SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved positions) at each stage of the selection process for being suitable for engagement for selection to the above course. The candidate has to be medically fit as per IOCL, Assam Oil Division criteria.
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Personal Interview or the final selection, as the same is related to a number of positions, ratio applied, and relative performance in respective categories.
- Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one position/seat, with due cognizance to a number of reserved positions) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to attend Personal Interview. The Personal Interview for each course shall be conducted by a duly constituted selection committee.
- Filling up of seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on the suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
- The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection and cancellation of the selection process, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
IOCL Nursing Admission Stipend and Training Details
A. B. Sc (Nursing): The selected candidates shall be paid a consolidated stipend per month for 1st year – Rs. 2,800/-; 2nd year – Rs. 3,000/-; 3rd year – Rs. 3,200/-; and for 4th year – Rs. 3,400/-
B. General Nursing & Midwifery Course(GNM): The selected candidates shall be paid a consolidated stipend per month for 1st year – Rs. 2,500/- ; 2nd year – Rs. 2,700/-; 3rd year – Rs. 2,900/-.
C. Additional benefits / opportunities for both BSc (N) & GNM courses:
- Free hostel accommodation, medical attention for self at AOD Hospital, and uniform will be provided to all selected candidates. Selected candidates will be required to stay in the Nursing College hostel only.
- After passing out from respective courses, the candidates will be engaged compulsory for a period of 1 (one) year as working interns at AOD Hospital or in any of the other hospitals of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. This may be extendable by a maximum of 2 (two) years at the sole discretion of IOCL (AOD). The working interns shall be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,250/- per month for GNM and Rs. 16,250/- per month for BSc (N) at AOD Hospital and shall be paid an additional amount of Rs. 1,000/- per month if they are placed at other hospitals of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, other than at AOD hospital. During the period while they are engaged as working interns, they shall not be provided with the accommodation facility.
How to apply for IOCL Digboi Nursing Admission
Typed Applications (in English) in A4 size as per the prescribed format as given in the advertisement, supported by self-attested photocopies of all relevant documents (qualification/age/caste/category/Physically Handicapped certificate from the competent authority, etc.), Income Certificate issued by Competent Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Circle Revenue Inspector/any other competent authority authorized to issue such income certificate in the State, EWS Certificate, etc. Applications should be sent by Post only to the following address:
Address: Sr. Employee Relations Manager, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Assam Oil Division), P.O.: Digboi, Dist. : Tinsukia, Assam, Pin Code-786171.
Important Dates of IOCL Nursing Admission 2020
Starting date of submission of application: 21/11/2020
Last date of submission of application: Coming soon.